Flow Chart Pumpkin Soup



I had some trouble transcribing this recipe, because I’ve never made it the same way twice.

Which is the joy of pumpkin soup, really: pumpkin + stock + various herbs = delicious. There are no two ways around it! But much like skinning the proverbial cat, there are many ways to do it. So, because I can’t really remember how I made the one I photographed, and because my new office job has given me flow chart skills I rarely get to utilise in the real word, here is Pumpkin Soup Three Ways.


Sweet Roast Pumpkin Soup

+

Curry Pumpkin Soup

+

Winter Vegetable Pumpkin Soup


What You Will Need


These guys: 1 sweet potato, 1/2 a butternut pumpkin, 1/4 jap pumpkin




Roast Soup:

  • 1 onion
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 4 - 6 cups vegetable stock
  • 1 tbsp cumin
  • 1 tsp nutmeg
  • 1 tsp dried sage
  • 100 grams cream cheese

Curry Soup:
  • Curry powder, or your favourite blend of curry spices
  • 1 tsp dried chilli seeds
  • 1 onion
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • 3-4 cups vegetable stock
  • 1 225 ml tin of coconut cream
  • Fresh coriander
  • Fried shallots
  • *optional: boiled, soaked or tinned lentils for some extra protein.

Winter Soup:
  • I brown onion
  • A couple of cloves of garlic
  • Not essential, but quite nice: any carrot, leek, or celery you might have
  • Butter and olive oil
  • Dried or fresh parsley and thyme
  • Chicken or beef stock
  • Sour cream
  • Croutons

What You Will Need to Do


Attempt to make sense of the following, hideously coloured flow chart:




Hopefully your flowchart adventures will end up looking something like this:




And tasting something like delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment