My Kitchen: A photographic essay born of blogging laziness.



I'm feeling a little out of sorts tonight. I've just returned home after a weekend away, I rose at the ungodly hour of 5 in the morning to catch my flight back to Melbourne, and although I have a few new recipes I'm dying to share, I don't have the energy to attempt a decent blog post tonight.

I've just spent a lovely weekend enjoying the generosity of friends and family back in Canberra. I've had to say goodbye to them all for another unknown stretch of time, and after a crappy day at work made worse by a bad case of the sads, the one thing that lifted my spirits when I walked through my front door was my lovely little kitchen, with my clutter strewn throughout, tea in the pantry and leftovers in the fridge.

I've been intending to share these photos of my kitchen for a while now: almost every recipe I post has been cooked and eaten here. I'm feeling tired and lazy and missing my friends, and tonight seems like the perfect time to say "I heart you Kitchen, thanks for minding the food while I was away."





















2 comments:

  1. How lovely indeed! Good to see Sue the Trex in a couple of photos, but Noddy and Big Ears are super creepy. Also, that is a very furry kitchen assistant—hope he is good for something other than whinging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures! Say hi to Noddy and Bigears for me. Mum XX

    ReplyDelete