Punky's Choc Chip Cookies


My favourite food as a child was the humble chocolate chip cookie. Give me a pile of cookies and a big ole glass of milk and I was the world's happiest camper. Although we all know by now cookies are a "sometimes food" it's not something I ever intend to grow out of. My treat for you today is my recipe for double chocolate and macadamia cookies. They're chunky, chewy, fat and full of chocolate, my requisites for the perfect cookie.


Double Chocolate and Macadamia Cookies


What You Will Need


  • 2 cups plain flour
  • 1/3 cup caster sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 3/4 melted butter
  • 1 egg and one egg yolk
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract, or 1 tbs vanilla essence
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 cup dark chocolate bits
  • 1/2 cup white chocolate bits
  • 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, halved or quartered


What You Will Need to Do

  • Mix sugar and butter with electric beaters
  • And egg, egg yolk and vanilla, and blend until light and creamy
  • Sift in flour and baking soda, combine
  • Stir in chocolate chips and nuts
  • Eat some of the dough. You know you want to. Just a little. A teaspoon, maybe. Or two.
  • Time to shape your cookies. I use a loaded tablespoon per cookie. Roll dough between your hands until you have a little cookie ball and set on a tray lined with baking paper.
  • Compress each cookie softly with the heel of your hand, just so it's a bit less spherical.
  • Place in an oven preheated to 170 degrees C and bake for roughly 15 minutes, or until golden at the edges.

For me, these cookies always come with a big heap of nostalgia. In honour of this, and the fact that fact that these fine fellows are touring the country, I thought I would post some of my favourite childhood music, Simon and Garfunkel. These following tracks are childish in the very best way.


Check the tour dates here.

No comments:

Post a Comment